Known bugs in PGP 6.0.2i for Windows
Installation problem on NT
The installation program will crash on NT if you don’t have administrator privileges.
Disabled menu entry
The “Launch PGPdisk” entry in the PGPtray menu is greyed out, even if you install PGPdisk.
Installation of Outlook Express plugin fails
First of all: make sure you are using OE 4. The OE plugin does not work with
OE 5! There will probably be an upgrade in the not-so-distant future.
After installing the OE plugin, OE complains about not finding pgpmsmn.exe,
and you get an error message: “The PGP Outlook Express plug-in was not
installed correctly, or someone has deleted the Outlook Express program.
Please re-install Outlook Express, then re-install the plug-in.” Here’s how
to fix the problem:
BEFORE installing PGP 6.02i OE plugin:
…and now everything should be OK.
- Make a backup copy of <Outlook_Express_Path>msimn.exe elsewhere
- Install PGP 6.02i OE plugin
- RENAME the backup copy you made at step (1) into pgpmsimn.exe
- Copy it back to OE directory
Note: If you notice the problem AFTER it occured, you must:
- Uninstall PGP 6.02i
- Uninstall, then reinstall OE
- Then resume as indicated above
[ PGPi Home > Documentation > Known bugs in PGP > Windows ]